Great Tips & Strategies for Getting Your Albuquerque Garden and Lawn Prepared for Spring 2021 – Part Two
2021 Spring is just around the corner and the exact date of that event is Mar. 20, 2021. Spring on the way AND it is coming on like a ton of bricks, complete with wind, rain, tons of pollen and lots of plant growth. To get your Albuquerque garden ready for spring 2021 we have developed a list of simple strategies to follow to make this year your best garden year ever. The strategies are as follows:
6. Breaking Up New Growth Perennial Bulbs – Right before the brand-new growth begins in Spring 2021 it is a perfect time to dig as well as break up most perennial flowers that are growing beyond an amount where you would certainly like them. Replant groups of perennials as well as water them well in their brand-new residence. Or give away items or compost any kind of excess. The exemption is early-season perennials that already are flowering– or that remain in bud that are already sprouting and growing quickly. These are best divided after bloom or in early fall.
7. Dead Leaf Raking and Removal – Rake Up flattened out old leaves from the prior season off the grass plus remove leaves from out of groundcover area of flower beds and gardens. Leaves that have blown under and near trees, shrubs and perennial plants can be left in place and mulched over so they remain in moderate quantities. There is no need to remove those leaves. However, matted leaves should be raked or blown off the yard as well as out of evergreen groundcover beds so these green plants can take in the sunshine. Patch any bare spots in the lawn with new grass seed after you aerate the entire lawn.
8. Take Off & Put Away All Winter Season Protective Covers – As the risk of frost wanes, eliminate cloth obstacles, traps and other safety material from around landscape plants that needed the extra winter season protective covers. Likewise get rid of any secure stakes attached to new trees if they have been in the ground for greater than a year. The tree root system should be established after a year, so removing the stake should be just fine
9. Garden and Lawn Nagging Problem Management – Apply crabgrass control supplemented with lawn food (if you have had a crabgrass trouble in the past) as well as a weed prevention product on the lawn and garden beds. An excellent cue for the former is when the dandelions are blooming, plus and solid sign for the latter is when forsythia bushes don’t start to sprout leaves or grow at all. Springtime time plant food that has built in weed and crab grass reduction components are a wonderful option to kill existing weeds in the yard, feed it, and avoid new weeds all in one easy application.
10. Flower Bed and Lawn Grass Edging – Whether you make use of a long-handled, people-powered bordering device or power edger, the latter part of winter is a good time to create well designed articulate edges along all garden beds and lawns. This not done to improve the look of a properties landscaping. It produces a trough to create a supply of garden compost that can be added to gardens and lawns once the weather stays nice and warm all the time.
R & S Landscaping, an Albuquerque, NM landscaping company provides gardening tips, lawn care tips and strategies to use to improve your landscaping and make all involved easier to care for yearround. To learn more about the landscaping services provided by the company visit its landscaping website section.